Published on December 1st, 2007 | by tdnimz7S0
Milestones and Millstones
Some noteworthy milestones:
* one year ago I suffered an attack of kidney stones, and was told I was out of my mind to leave the country (and to avoid bad roads if I went to Africa!!!). I arrived in January with two large stones in dangerous locations….and tests in July indicate there are no threatening stones… God is good.
* for the past 5 years, enrolment has gone down for our Certificate program to train teachers. We are now embarking on an upgraded, Diploma course, and we look forward to an overwhelming response.
* Sherry has just completed her third term in Africa, and is dong very well.
* while driving through the Masai Mara Game Park, we saw lions on both days. One was called Eena, so we just said……..are you ready…….”Hi, Eena!”
* the internet has been so slow, that a friend got through to Canada before us, using an abacus.
* the temperature plunged to a frigid 70 degrees the other morning.
* Tom Nimz, a dear friend, has just completed our new web-site, KenyaGuestHouse.com.
* we are just completing our 2nd retreat, and are delighted with the surplus, that will provide a welcome bonus to the 10 families who depend on us…..and you.
Some underwhelming millstones:
* a currency fluctuation lowered the Canadian dollar by 8%.
* a gang of 40 cattle rustlers has been coming through our area at night, robbing our colleague’s cow, among others.
Thanks for thinking of us. God be with you.
Ken & Marge MacGowan